Beware of scams and people posing as utility workers. Always ask for identification.
Valley Energy technicians are constantly patrolling and working in the areas we serve, performing maintenance, service, and routine leak surveys to ensure the safety of the community. Oftentimes, our technicians need access to the meter on the inside of your home or business for upkeep and maintenance. If someone shows up to perform services that you haven’t requested, do not let them into your home or business until you take these steps to verify their identity:
- Ask for identification badge. All employees have photo IDs with the Valley Energy logo.
- Observe their uniform. Most Valley Energy employees will wear a company uniform.
- Look for their vehicle. The same logo will be affixed to the technician’s vehicle.
- Inquire about their visit. Employees will identify themselves and the purpose of their visit.
- Only give permission when you feel comfortable. Employees will only enter your home at your request.
- If you’re still unsure, please call Valley Energy at 570-888-9664 or 800-998-4427, to verify their identity.