Instead of paying your actual energy costs each month, which can fluctuate, you pay an average amount, based on your energy use from the previous 12 months. The customer’s account will be reviewed periodically to determine if the budget amount should be increased or decreased.
How to qualify
- You must be a residential or commercial customer.
- You must not owe an overdue balance or have a pending service disconnection order.
How to enroll
- We will activate your request for your next billing cycle.
- The monthly designated amount must be paid.
- Late charges do apply.
- Accounts must be maintained current to remain active in the Budget Billing program.
- If you miss two consecutive monthly budget payments your account will be dropped from the Budget Billing program.
- Your monthly amount will be recalculated quarterly or sooner if significant changes to the monthly consumption patterns occur. The monthly amount may be increased or decreased based on the new calculation.
To discontinue Budget Billing
- To discontinue Budget Billing, call our Customer Service department at 570-888-9664 or 800-998-4427.
- When discontinuing Budget Billing the entire deferred balance will be posted directly to your account. If a debit amount, this balance is due on your next statement payment date. If a credit amount, Valley Energy will credit your statement by that amount.