Valley Energy is an investor owned company regulated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and the New York Public Service Commission. Service is provided to 11 communities in
Bradford County, Pennsylvania and Chemung and Tioga Counties in New York. Natural gas is supplied
to more than 8,000 residential, commercial and industrial
customers through a 165-mile pipeline
A 24-hour emergency service is available for gas odor complaints and gas related emergencies. A "WE CARE" program offers programs for our special needs customers and can be viewed on this web site.
Valley Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of C&T Enterprises which is an unregulated holding company with its principal office in Lewisburg, PA. C&T is a jointly owned subsidiary of Claverack Rural Electric Cooperative and Tri-County Rural Electric Cooperative which are both member owned cooperatives. Claverack and Tri-County are the sole shareholders of C&T. C&T was formed in 1998 to facilitate the Cooperatives diversification activities. C&T also owns Wellsboro Electric Company and Citizens Electric Company. Wellsboro Electric Company is an electric distribution company serving customers in Tioga County, PA and Citizens Electric Company is an electric distribution company serving Lewisburg, PA and surrounding communities. The entire C&T family comprises approximately 180 employees dedicated to providing safe and reliable energy service to approximately 58,000 customers.
Energy was originally Valley Cities Gas when it began in 1944.
Its parent company Pennsylvania & Southern Gas Company formed Valley Cities by
acquiring The Athens and Sayre Gas Company (1899), The Athens, Sayre
and South Waverly Heat and Power Company (1899), and The South Waverly
Gas Light Company (1885). The Towanda gas property was acquired for the
Towanda Gas and Water Company (1859) in 1945. The Waverly Gas Light
Company (1883) was acquired in 1959. In the 1970's we acquired a
propane bottled gas business that was sold 10 years later.
1994, NUI Corporation of New Jersey acquired the Pennsylvania &
Southern Companies. We operated as NUI Valley Cities Gas until 2002
when the division was sold to C&T Enterprises and became Valley